Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Seal Rocks, Sand Between Your Toes, and Family

This beautiful weather is making me think of a family shoot I did last November for a good friend of mine. I am not sure how she managed, but she picked an afternoon in November that was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was so much fun to have a glimpse of sun in the middle of the fall. Today is reminding me of the same day... beautiful sun... I can feel the warmth through the windows of the car, outside the air is fresh and crisp, I need sunglasses, I am less layered than normal, and I seem to be smiling a bit more.We started off with some family photos, and then just walked the beach and had fun playing... We had a lot of fun looking for "seal rocks", getting our feet sandy, and laughing. I was honored to shoot this family session. It was fun for me to see my good friend and her family. I loved seeing the way her family interacted together, and it was great to try to capture all of the special bonds between all of the members of the family. I can feel the protection of a daddy's hand...... I can hear the sweet whispers of a mommy to her smallest child....I was giggling at the silly bond between two sisters...

...and the love between two people.What an honor it was to take these images for my close friend! Thank you for allowing me to share in your day at the beach!

No comments: