Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bran muffins and Blur

I spent some time with a friend the other day helping her understand her camera. We had a lot of fun talking about aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and really just how to get what you want when you take a photo. It was fun to try to verbalize what I try to do with my camera, and what I am thinking when I take a photograph. We had lesson on aperture and what it can do for your photos. She was in the process of making bran muffins, so we used some of her ingredients as our subject! Aperture is the magic behind the blur in photos, and it is so much fun to watch someone learn how to use this great feature on a camera. It opens up a world of creativity with your photography. If you are interested in learning how to take better pictures, by all means let me know and I would love to help. If you want some other great resources on how to take better photos, check out MeRa Koh's Refuse to Say Cheese website. She has a great DVD series that focuses on Mom's who want to take better photos of their children. I have them myself and I think they are great.

1 comment:

Mary Ann and Al said...

Ithink my camera is one I can set the aperture and shutter speed. Maybe when I come home you can give me a lesson. I would love to learn how to make the blur in my pictures.
Mom