Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Day In The Life of A One Year Old !

The first year of life... It goes by so quickly... I look at my kiddos now, they are 3 and 5, and I just try to remember how little they used to be. How their hair looked after sitting up from drinking a bottle... crawling army style on my belly to sneak out of their room after finally getting them to sleep, the way their heads fell backwards when they laughed...Time flies!!! I was able to relive some of my memories and helped another family capture their own memories a few weeks ago during a session for Miss Reilly who just turned one.

I have been fortunate enough to see Reilly three times during her first year. Her parents bought a "Watch Me Grow" package. This is a great package. It includes three full sessions for the first year of life... If any of you who have recently seen me for newborn sessions are interested in doing a couple more sessions during the first year, contact me and we can work you into this special!

I am sure you have not forgotten Miss Reilly... she was just a perfect newborn. I met her when she was just 7 days old. We got some of my favorite images to date from this little babe during this session. You will have to check out some of the images from our first session.***Reilly's Newborn Session***

The second session was when Reilly was six months old. A lot happens in 6 months. I loved her pudgy arms, her inquisitive looks and her laughter. Reilly's family and I had totally bonded by this session. Reilly and I even got to spend a little one on one time where I was able to capture this shot...To see some more images from the second session, click here...***Reilly at Six Months***

And now.... onto ONE YEAR! Can I just say, there is something I just love about seeing a one year old.... This session was one of my favorites ever... we truly were able to capture a day in the life of a one year old. I do not care who you are, if you have kids, your memories will be brought to the surface through these images. I know mine were.

Reilly still has her beautiful soft brown hair... her sweet little locks look adorable with her little pink bow. She was curious and familiar enough with me to sit on this great rocking chair with her mommy's baby blanket while we captured some great portraits of her.After these portraits, we just had a great afternoon letting Reilly be Reilly. I know that this family will never forget who Reilly was on her first birthday. They will never forget those piercing brown eyes and the way she tilts her head when she smiles...Reilly is already motoring around with great skill... what could be better than stairs to a one year old? How about Stairs with a wonderful window at the landing that is just the right height to gaze outside at daddy working in the yard.On to the cake! I was so excited when I got to Reilly's house to see that her mommy had a birthday cake. After we played a bit, visited with grandma, played with sister, and opened presents... we had cake!

When I first became interested in photography, I took an image of Olivia on her first Birthday. To this day, it is still one of my favorite shots of her.... so I was THRILLED to have the opportunity to capture images of Reilly with hers!She did not waste any time digging in... who would... it was a tasty looking cake. After making a complete mess of the high chair and kitchen, we moved on to.... the bathtub of course. Now, we all know there is no way I am going to miss out on some great tubbie shots... I have to say, these images by the tub are some of my favorites from the session.It was so much fun to see her get excited about the tub. I love the image of her watching in anticipation as the tub was filling for her. Then she went over to pick out some of her favorite tubby toys. Of course she selected my favorite, the classic yellow duckie and headed for the bath.

What was that I was saying earlier about her soft, sweet hair.... HA ! I love this shot of her towel tried hair after the bath. I just love her big brown eyes and how her hair sticks out in every direction!A clean kiddo with damp feet running on the kitchen floor in a diaper... can you hear her feet on the floor? Can you hear her hands on the glass slider as she tries to give her buddy a kiss?It is the simple things like wet foot prints, cake, bath time, and bows that we as parents just never want to forget. For Reilly and her family, I am so thrilled that we captured so much of her first year. You will have these memories forever. You will never forget those chubby thighs, the feel of her soft cheek, the shape of her lips and her dark lashes...........what a fabulous little girl you have. Thank you for sharing her first year with me!

No comments: