Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bring Your Family Together

Sometimes I go on a photo shoot and I leave being a little bit jealous. This was how I felt after this extended family session.  For this session we had two sets of grandparents, a loving couple and two adorable blue eyed cuties.  After this session was over, I realized that I really need to do a family session like this with my own family.  Now, I know it would be a pain to coordinate an event like this.  It is a lot of schedules to coordinate and a lot of people to get together... grandparents have different needs, kids need naps, teenagers have soccer games, and on and on and on life goes...  What I need to remember, what we all need to remember, is that life is short, and we all need to slow down, gather our family together... and get photos like these to preserve our families forever.
This image makes me so happy. This lovely couple has been together for decades, and are in love as much today as the day they were married.
My father passed away when I was 15 years old, and I would love to have an image like this of the two of us together.
Doesn't this mother daughter duo look beautiful?
It was such a great afternoon... these grandparents were so much fun, and they were all completely in love with their two grand daughters...  Ellery
and  Delaney.
We would take a few images... then laugh and watch the girls play.  It was a great day. 

These sessions can wear on little ones who are not at all impressed with standing still for big, formal group photos.  By giving them time to play and having a relaxed session, we were able to get some amazing photos of them and their family!  This is one of my favorites.
These girls love, LOVE, LOOVE their parents.  I feel like I can hear them laughing in this next image.
I want to thank Delaney and Ellery's parents for giving me a wake up call... I NEED a photo shoot like this of my own family!  And thank you for of your efforts in getting the grandparents together for this shoot.  I know they will cherish these images for the rest of their lives.

No comments: