Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Bucket Of Memories

Wow... July is gone. Just like that, we are in the second half of the year. It is amazing how time flies. Sometimes, when I feel like time is passing me by, I purposefully pull out my camera. I do something with the girls that is totally normal. An activity that we do every day, something that I often take for granted and I try to capture it on my camera. This past weekend, we pulled out the chalk. Coloring with sidewalk chalk has been a favorite activity at our home since the kids could hold on to it.We now have an entire bucket that holds our chalk. We have to have every shade available. Olivia really felt like doing some sidewalk art this day, and I LOVE the memories that I captured of her.I love that I can tell she picked out her outfit. She has been doing this every day. I can not even be in the room when she is selecting her attire. She selects everything, from her undies to her hair clips. It is always a surprise when she comes out. Some days her fashion sense is better than others. Luckily, this was one of her better days.

I love that her hair is falling out of her ponytail and that she has her trusty elephant with her...I love that she is barefoot. I will always remember the sound of her little feet slapping the pavement and the print she leaves once she has covered them in chalk.I love that she accidentally dumped the entire bucket of chalk and instead of tipping it back up to see her color options, she would lean as far over as possible to select her next color.I know these are simple things, but these are the simple things as a mom that I want to remember about her.

If you are thinking about taking some photos, try not to get worked up too much about the setting, the clothing or the smiles. Think about the memories you want to save forever, the moments in time you would like to freeze. No matter if it is those pudgy fingers holding a crayon, messy hair, a time out chair.... keep your camera handy. Don't let the moment pass you by!

No comments: