Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Part One: The Big Sister and New Teacher

 This is Kira... She is graduating this month from Central Washington University with a degree in elementary education.
This is Kira's brother Spencer.  He is graduating from high school this month too!  As you can probably guess, he will be part two of this story... ladies first!
Kira and Spencer were so much fun to be around. Not only have we had similar childhoods, but their mom and I have worked together in my other life as a registered nurse for the past 7 years.
 A few years ago, Spencer and Kira's father passed away.  They were just teenagers... just like I was when I lost my father.  I watched their mom grieve and recover just like I watched my own mom grieve and recover from what seems an insurmountable loss.  When I watched this wonderful woman and her two happy kids laugh and smile today, it made my heart full.  It made me think of how proud their dad would be of them during this exciting time in their life... and in a selfish way, I felt my own father smiling down at me as well.

We found some great spots for our session.  It was as if this graffiti was painted just for us!  It is always fun to explore these garages... the art is always different, there is literally a surprise around every corner.
Kira has the most beautiful blue eyes... her shirt and the great color on these walls were perfect for her!


 I think this next image is one of my favorites from the day.  Kira just looks gorgeous.  It is so soft and subtle... the colors are muted and beautiful. (click on any of the photos to get a larger view)
We went from garages to the beach.  These two have so much fun together!  You will see even more of their silliness in part two with Spencer's photos!


 OK... so this is my favorite shot of these two siblings.  I just loved how much they joked with each other, but also how much they obviously care for one another! 

Kira.... happy graduation and good luck in your new life as a teacher!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Such touching words and beautiful pictures!! Thanks Sara....you're the BEST!

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures!!
Leanne you must be so proud :)