Saturday, November 3, 2007

Amazing Fall...

This weekend we had beautiful weather. The sun was out, and we were all able to go out and play with just our T-shirts. The girls both had a great time in the leaves... well, at least Ava had a great time. We had some powerful 2 year old tantrums, but we were eventually able to bribe Olivia into having fun with Halloween candy!
Oops... Ava is calling... I will be right back.....
All right, it has been an hour and a half! Ava was calling me saying, "Mom... Come here right now!" I went to see what she needed while telling her that was not quite the right way to call me. I got to the top of the stairs where she was standing and she pointed off to her right. She said, "Look at what Olivia is doing." When I peeked off to the couch where she was supposed to be sitting, I noticed that she had climbed over the couch and was scaling the shelving with no trouble at all. She was going for her trophy, a tiny glass bird from my grandmother... I reached her just in time.
After that event, I decided that I should stay a little closer for awhile, and I decided to make dinner. Zach was outside working on the motor home, so I decided to do something simple for the girls... to my surprise, they both asked for second helpings of veggies... WOW! We had some music in the background... Michael Jackson came on, and for what ever reason I decided to show the girls some of my moves from the 80's... not a good idea. Olivia shook her head and said, "Mom, no dance, it not working." She was right!




2 comments:

Mary Ann and Al said...

Good Morning,
I love the pictures! I know what I'm getting Olivia for Christmas. Her own bird to carry around when ever she wants to. When she stayed with me she carried around a large bird I have sitting on a nest, until she spotted the small blue bird, like the one she was climbing the bookcase for. Keep snapping the pictures.
Mom

Stacy C. said...

Obviously...Olivia has never seen you Centipede!! You do have moves!
-Stace